Advanced Health | Stool Testing
We have been working with BTS, Biological test service for over 6 years now and we find the tests they offer to be invaluable
help for clients ( particularly those with digestive issues) and also very cost effective. We find our clients are so relieved to
find there is a service like this available to them. It is suitable for all ages from babies to the elderly.
What is BTS (Biological Testing Services)?
Biological test service is the Irish service for the leading German micro-biological Dr. Hauss Laboratory, near Hamburg: www.hauss.de.
What kind of tests can you order?
BTS offers a wide range of mainly micro-biological tests.
From a simple stool sample BTS can test for:
.... and much more
- intestinal candida and other fungi (a full screen for all yeasts and moulds)
- pH of the stool (included in the fungal screening)
- intestinal parasites
- bacteria in different materials
- resistance tests for pathogenic bacteria
- bacteria which cause acute diarrhoea
- complete status of intestinal colonization (bacteria + fungi)
- pancreatic function test
- leaky gut (alpha-1-antitrypsin )
- intestinal inflammation (PNM-elastase)
- intestinal immune system (sIgA)
- celiac disease
- candida IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE
- skin and nail fungi
- Helicobacter pylori ( stomach ulcers)
- intestinal bleeding
- colo-rectal tumour markers
- lactose intolerance
How does it work?
You can pick up a test kit from either Janette Pfetzing (091 792415) the Irish agent for BTS) or from our clinic.
Once your sample has been received in the lab, a full analysis is prepared and the results are sent to the BTS who will translate
them into English. For example, the full fungal screening (candida and all other yeasts and moulds), will provide you with the
stool-pH, a full count of all pathogenic fungi and an analysis for the representative protease to identify if the yeast strain
is pathogenic (virulence test). As an additional service a mouth swab is investigated with the stool test free of charge.
All these details + individual therapy suggestions + diet + hygiene recommendations from BTS will normally be sent within a
fortnight after arrival of the sample. Helen will then contact you to make an appointment to put your therapy plan in place.
How much will it cost?
The price varies depending on how may tests a person needs but they Laboratory offers generous discounts for multiple tests.